Monday, May 27

Daniel Wright Pond

"Daniel Wright Pond"
10" x 10"
Oil on hardboard
I painted today in the Daniel Wright Woods with friends. The week had been cold and grey, but this morning for our first excursion into painting en plein air, the universe saw fit to grant us a day worthy of our efforts.  Sun shone on the trees, the algae rimming the pond and our skin when we got to take off our jackets.

I hadn't painted outdoors in a year and a half. I felt clumsy and untrained. What was I thinking?  But that's the point. I need to get comfortable painting outdoors for the workshops I'll be taking in Iowa and Indiana this season.  I'll find my way back to my roots... painting the many shades of green indicative of summer in Illinois.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment