Wednesday, June 5

Sunday Morning

"Sunday Morning"
9" x 12"
Oil on canvas panel
We set up in a couple of different areas to chase the light that Sunday morning. First, as close to the car as possible, then on the other side of the poison ivy and finally in a cove where the wind wouldn't gnaw at my bare hands.  This is the view in the last location, but in reality there was only one rock. It wanted company.

I'll be painting a lot of trees this summer as I paint en plein air, using Andrew Orr's palette of colours.  I'm enrolled in Andrew's workshop at the end of this month in Iowa. No greens were squeezed in this exercise. Instead, I used Cad Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine and Burnt Umber.  A smidgen of Cad Scarlet warmed up some of the greens and the water.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment