Tuesday, July 23

Hanging Geranium

"Hanging Geranium"
12" x 12"
Oil on wrapped canvas
In late spring, a basket of geraniums was hanging at eye level in my neighborhood. I saw her from afar and I knew she'd be outrageous subject matter when photographed close up. To my delight, there was even more going on than merely colorful, full-blown blossoms.  Her hanging buds enchanted me. I love summer flowers! 

I've been wanting to paint this since I shot it in April.  After painting so much green in the last few weeks, for a change of pace I treated myself to the complement of 

green.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this is a real stunner, Carol. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. It's been a while since I've done anything this elaborate, and it felt GOOD! I loved using a few reds and oranges and mixing one green.

      Delete