Saturday, April 26

Blue For You

"Blue For You"
!0" x 8"
Oil on wrapped canvas
Spring pansies are on racks at the entrance to my grocery store. This one was among the beauties being jostled by the wind as I walked in to pick up a roasted chicken the other day. I'm so desperate to see growing, living things I'll settle for hot house pansies as subject matter.  

I haven't painted a yellow and blue pansy before. It was fun to determine the shadow colors in the folds. The other thing that was fun to observe and paint was the veining, not just the bold purple ones, but the subtle veins that created shadows.  They're easy to see in the actual painting.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
CarolKeene.com
Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blue you have used, such a pretty face,my favourite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diana. It is a mixture of French Ultramarine and Dioxazine Violet that just worked for that area. The Cad Lemon helps to pop the blue.

    ReplyDelete