Tuesday, May 6

Lantern Bearing Pierrots

"Lantern Bearing Pierrots"
12" x 12"
Oil on wrapped canvas
I tackled a project that was over my head, yet I finished it. The original Maxfield Parrish painting from 1910, done in a very limited palette, has always intrigued me, so I thought I'd try to make a modern day version of it. Well, it was tough. I'm being brave in revealing my effort, but realize it is merely that… an effort.  

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
Carolkeene.com
Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com

4 comments:

  1. This is VERY different than anything I have seen you paint. Glad I went back to look through ones I have missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! And it was a challenge that I wanted to fling across the length of my studio at every step along the way. Then the minute it posted it SOLD. Go figure. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
    2. Yay for selling it! I can immagine you now sending it a flying!

      Delete
  2. It's dry and ready to ship! Adieu, little clowns :-)

    ReplyDelete