Tuesday, June 24

Dew Drop

"Dew Drop"
10" x 8"
Oil on wrapped canvas
It had rained, yet only one droplet remained on the fragrant saucer of this rose. I tilted her to dispose of the dew drop after I photographed her, since I don't know of a good reason to leave water on the petals. 

I've been painting house portraits. They seem to come in clusters, and this last batch were all rush orders for real estate agents who give them as closing gifts. I'm caught up now, so you should see me here more often.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
Carolkeene.com
Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com

2 comments:

  1. The petals look so velvety, it's hard to improve on the perfection of a rose, beautifully painted as all your flowers are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind compliment, Diana. I love to paint roses and it gives me pleasure to know that some of my followers like them, as well.

    ReplyDelete