Monday, July 28

Del-FUN-ium Daze

"Del-FUN-ium Daze"
10" x 8"
Acrylic on hardboard

I was in a plein air competition on Saturday up in Door County, Wisconsin.  It was the Saturday "Quick Paint" portion of a week-long benefit for the Peninsula School of Art. After a four and a half hour drive, I found my spot to paint as we rolled through town on the way to our hotel. I photographed it in the dark and dreamed about how I'd handle the composition come morning. 

I got my panel stamped, set up my gear and spent most of the two-hours painting this scene. I wanted to paint two paintings, but they looked at me like I was nuts. I guess nobody asked that question before.  I was done and tweaking well within the ordered time, before the horn sounded to announce the end.

The forty invited artists' work was auctioned off in the culmination of their weeklong effort.  Sixty-five of us non-invited artists framed and displayed our work for sale in a tent on the grounds of the art school.  Guests were lined up for a block and a half to get in to see the art. This piece was the second one of the evening to sell. The woman who purchased it told me she got there early to make sure she would be the one to buy it.  It was a lovely way to end a week of travel, painting, and making new friends.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
Carolkeene.com
Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com

1 comment:

  1. Carol - this is truly a beautiful painting. Your colors are gorgeous and painted in such a lovely impressionistic way. Yes - it reaches my heart.

    ReplyDelete