Tuesday, December 16

Evening's Promise

"Evening's Promise"
6"x6"
Oil on hardboard
The sky glowed the promise of something better, and I believed it as evening closed in around me. I could use some… better in my life. 

I've been sick for a few weeks. Pretty darn sick. I've never gone for three weeks without painting, until now. Influenza and its companion complications had flattened me since Thanksgiving. But I'm back in my studio for the first time, today and happy to be able to lift a brush, squeeze paint and smear it around in the shape of something recognizable.

Thank you to those of you who have noticed my absence, for the emails and the prayers for my complete recovery.  I appreciate all of your good thoughts.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
Carolkeene.com
Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com


No comments:

Post a Comment