Tuesday, October 7

Flaming Tips

"Flaming Tips"
20" x 16"
Pastel on hardboard
 
I found this cluster of pots at the Botanic Gardens in August when I was there with friends to paint en plein air. I photographed it for the sunlit leaves and the banana plant in the background. Bananas do not grow in Illinois, unless they're in pots, such as this one was.  

I thought I'd make a palette knife painting of the photo, but I'm in a pastel mood right now, and it suited my need for subject matter, again, on a larger scale than I've been doing. I'm pleased with the outcome.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
CarolKeene.com
Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly placed colors make for beautiful harmony. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. I'm enjoying working on larger pieces in this medium. I get to make more marks before the fun comes to an end.

    ReplyDelete