Monday, March 23

Arched

"Arched"
14" x 11"
Acrylic on wrapped canvas
I traveled during my absence, but by way of fever and illness, not to any place that involved reservations, tickets or my camera. Bronchitis caught me at the tail end of a cold and whipped my proverbial derriere.  This scene is reminiscent of where my fever took me while I lolled with bonbons and peeled grapes.   

Golden brand fluid acrylics, molding paste, and about half a dozen layers turned a lifeless grey canvas into something short of walking on its own.  I painted her to fit into a frame that is a weathered deep red, like the uppermost left hand corner of this piece. I wrestled and fastened her into the frame, where she's content for the time being. I hope to paint more like this one. The process was about as lively as the outcome! 

Carol 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better. Bet this beautiful painting looks great in that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for welcoming me back AND for liking the wildness that I posted!

    ReplyDelete