Saturday, May 30

Foxgloves

"Foxgloves"
8" x 6"
Acrylic on canvas panel
This must be one of those perfect springs for foxgloves. I've been to the Chicago Botanic Gardens twice in the past month and have been treated to a display of beauty I've not witnessed there before.  I have more reference photos of these spiked plants from this year alone, than all the years I've been documenting flower gardens.  

How fortunate for me!  Plants like this are my favorites to paint. AND this style of garden painting is one I will be teaching in my knife workshop in Chippewa Falls in about ten days. If you're in the area and interested, let me know. I may still have room in my class.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
CarolKeene.com
CarolKeene.blogspot.com
Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment