Monday, September 19

Tuscan Flower Fields

"Tuscan Flower Fields"
24" x 48"
Acrylic on wrapped canvas
The Tuscan Flower Fields idea came when a young entrepreneur asked me to give an estimate on doing seven huge canvases for his entryway. I did several tiny ones, to scale, and this one; still smaller than any of the sizes he requested. Color was what he wanted. This is what I showed him.  


I rolled black gesso on the canvas then set about to make it a thing of beauty.  I loved knifing the colorful acrylic paint, letting it dry and adding more and more in textured layers.  I've never been to see the flower fields of Europe, but this is how I imagine they'd look.

This painting is listed with, and for sale through a Daily Paintworks Auction.

Thank you for stopping by today!  I appreciate it.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! This seems like a departure from you usual style. I love the colors and the texture in this...especially the sky!

    ReplyDelete