Wednesday, January 25

Apricot Rose


"Apricot Rose"
12" x 12"
Oil on panel
She came with a heady scent, as thick as her petals, as ripe as her color.  This rose was in a bouquet with twenty-three others.  I painted her sister on a 36" x 36" canvas, and couldn't help but honor this one when I revisited my reference photos. 


I love a square format for my single blossom paintings—large or small, the flowers I love to paint seem to fit well in this shape.

But do you think I can find a ready made frame in a square?  Wouldn't you think with as huge as the daily painting movement is, and the thousands of square paintings that are painted each week, that some company would latch on to that market?   I'd do it if I didn't already wear so many hats!  If you are reading this and thinking about it and rubbing your chin, we need: 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, 12x12 and 14x14.  Not even just for us, the painters, but for the wonderful people investing in our art.

Thank you for reading today.


DPW
My DPW Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment