Wednesday, June 6

Zinnia Zing

"Zinnia Zing"
16" x 20"
Oil on stretched canvas
She was still unfurling when I happened on her in the garden that morning.  She probably turned into quite the beauty by the end of the day, but I had already left her zip code by then. 


I used my sponges on the petals of this zinnia to glaze a variety of colors over the initial application of lemon yellow.  I hope to find more multicolored blooms like her this summer to sustain me through winter.

I love that you visit my art when you get a chance.  It means a lot to me to know you're out there.
Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, Carol. Brought back memories of the zinnias my mom always had in the garden when I was little.

    ReplyDelete