Monday, July 16

Leaf Me Alone

"Leaf Me Alone"
4" x 7"
Watercolor on paper
I collect old linens and lace. This piece was a collar from a resale shop.  I knew it would probably not find a home as a collar again, what with the green needlework, so I bought it to use exactly as you see it here. 

We're in a drought here in Illinois. Leaves are falling like it's autumn.  The pepper was garnish on a salad from the other day.  It seemed like a decent way to recycle an odd collection of items.

Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see a ginkgo in your collection. It is my favorite tree. We have one in our back yard. It loses its leaves in a single day during November each year. I cal it "Ginkgo Day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Ginkgo leaves, too. They're FAN-tastic! HA! Ginkgo Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty....would look terrific in a kitchen, (or anywhere)! ....tf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tf, I'm sure it would. The colors and subject matter are perfect for a kitchen.

      Delete