Wednesday, July 25

Silver and Gold

"Silver and Gold"24" x 24"Mixed media
I was feeling the stress of the week so I got out my joint compound and a trowel.  I drizzled acrylic onto the white plaster and spread it on the canvas with the blade. Cool blue to earthen brown it went. Then to add some spice to the mix, I applied gold leaf and some silver leaf that I had leftover from a mural painting job.  It's not my usual fare, but I'm in the midst of painting house portraits again and needed to paint something different.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. Really stunning!!....tf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Thank you! It's a pretty piece in person too. The light catches the metals and it sparkles.

      Delete