Tuesday, November 6

Maple

"Maple"
6" x 6"
Oil on canvas panel 
The trees are bare in my zip code, except for one maple in my neighbor's yard. He's been waiting for a month to tend to them. They've been reluctant -- no, rebellious about letting go until it's too cold to rake, and the village no longer picks up leaf bags.  Yup, this is one stubborn maple, and here's the first leaf to fall from it.  I picked it up while walking my dog today.  Adamant, I say!  

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a Ginkgo! My tree has not yet dropped its leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different zip codes, for sure! I picked up two golden Ginkgo leaves with the maple leaf. They were all rippled and not as flat as they're prone to be. Maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete