Friday, December 28

Three Special Friends

"Three Special Friends"
24" x 24"
Oil on museum wrapped canvas
These beauties were in a bouquet in front of me at a birthday party a year or so ago. I admired them from every angle, turned the vase to change the shadows and highlights, envisioning them as art.  When I was ready to leave, the host plucked them from the vase and handed them to me. 

As an artist, my signature work is large flower paintings, roses in particular. I've painted single blooms frequently, but seldom do I cluster them together. Nor do I paint them in such a low key palette. Dark. This piece was different for me. But so were the circumstances under which I painted them.  You see, I've been on vacation, and I feel ... terrific!

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net 

1 comment: