Monday, February 10

Celestial Overtones

"Celestial Overtones"
20" x 24"
Oil on stretched canvas
I had been drawing a huge intricate canvas of about 60 rusted wagon wheels when I realized I didn't want to paint them. I wanted to paint something tempestuous, passionate and wild. So I looked at some photos from the Hubble and closed my computer and made my own version of what it looks like "out there."  

This was a profoundly satisfying painting to produce.  I did it in one sitting tonight. I figured out the process of making these marks with a Princeton brush and the tip of one of my fingers and had my way with the canvas.  I'd love to make more like this one.

Carol

Brushstrokes@comcast.net
Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it was! And it's BIG! And I have three more canvases ready to paint more in this series! Thanks for looking and enjoying.

      Delete