Wednesday, February 27

Old Lyme Flowers

"Old Lyme Flowers"
9" x 12"
Oil on canvas panel





















I walked through the gardens at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme, Connecticut, photographing everything in sight. I wanted to bring as much back with me as possible. I've been to Old Lyme twice. I cried when I left both times. Old Lyme is where the American Impressionists hung out one hundred ten years ago. They called it the American Giverny. I felt my soul come alive while I was in Florence's home where the artists lived and painted during the summer. There is a fine museum on the grounds now, too.  I may never go back, but I hope to go to other places in my lifetime that will delight me as much.

Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment