Saturday, December 31

View From the Bridge

"View From the Bridge"
16" x 20"
Oil on gessoed panel


The greens had become weary of themselves.  It had been a long season of verdant perkiness.  "Enough already," I heard the distant shoreline whisper, "let's get on with the show."

Fall at the Chicago Botanic Gardens is such a luscious departure from the spring and summer green that I find myself photographing the landscape more than the flowers come fall.

I thought this would be a nice painting on which to end the year.  Thank you for being nothing but kind to me as I've put my "stuff" out here on a daily basis, for almost six months.  I appreciate all of you. 


Carol  


2 comments:

  1. Really lovely foliage and beautiful reflections in the water. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Virginia. It just came together, as they sometimes do. I'm very fond of several passages in this painting, which doesn't always happen either.

    ReplyDelete