Friday, September 6

Farmers' Market

"Farmers' Market"
24" x 24"
Oil on museum wrapped canvas
I gathered this produce at our local farmers' market a couple of weekends ago to arrange for a painting, and to eat. I had originally placed my plastic moose in the upper right hand corner, thinking I'd make the "autumn" version of "Toulouse, Your Moose Is Loose,"  but as the painting progressed, my darling moose looked out of place. Not quite as handsome as he looked in the first painting. So I gathered some sunflowers, stuck them in my daffodil pitcher and finished it with sunshine in that corner, like a child's drawing, instead.  

I will be submitting this painting to be juried with another, in this year's Recent Works competition. I'll let you know as results come in, whether or not my paintings are juried into the show, or not.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

1 comment: