Monday, September 16

Pines in the Fog

"Pines in the Fog"
5" x 5"
Oil on hardboard
Morning was about to burn off the fog that had hugged a stand of pines throughout the night. It wasn't much, but the breath of moisture that the low-slung cloud afforded sustained those living things another day.

I derived quite a bit of pleasure as I made up this little painting. I've been to a place like this, all crunchy and parched, and recalled it through the tip bristles of my brush.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. Made me look for trolls or gnomes or toads at least to be somewhere in this picture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no trolls or gnomes or toads, but there are plenty of -- oh, never mind, I better not say, she'll be pissed off with me again.

      Delete