Sunday, September 1

Pond Scum

"Pond Scum"
9" x 12"
Pastel on paper 
On Thursday I painted at the edge of this pond where the light was incredible and the subject matter was luscious.  Before I painted, I photographed one hundred images so that I would be able to paint beautiful things when the weather gets snowy and bleak.  Then what did I go and do today, on this perfectly nice August day in Illinois?  I dipped into my stash and painted from one of the photos.  But wait ... there's more!  

I painted with pastels. This is news! I've never even touched a pastel before, let alone make a piece of art with those thick, chalky sticks. I taught myself to use them, and you are witness to this, my maiden voyage, my numero uno, my inaugural offering.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment