Monday, March 12

Castlewood Canyon Rocks

"Castlewood Canyon Rocks"
7" x 5"
Oil on wrapped canvas






















Last fall while I was in Colorado, I made a trip with my friends to Castlewood Canyon.  Not far from where we were staying, this place just appears out of nowhere, mystifies its visitors, then turns back into prairie again.  I suppose canyons are like that. 


This small piece, rectangular for a change, is the first in a little series I'll be posting on Colorado memories.  I'm gearing up to paint a few new serious florals and still life pieces, and landscapes of places I adore are my warmup exercises.  And this is my first experience with Paynes Gray in oil.  I mixed it in conjunction with Gray of Gray.  I happen to like it.

Thank you for hiking here today.
Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My DPW Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment