Thursday, March 29

If I Had a Muse

"If I Had a Muse"
6" x 6"
Oil on hardboard
If I had a Muse, he'd check in on me every morning, to see if I needed inspiration. He'd arrive with coffee, dressed in beads, chains and dangly things. He'd bestow kindness upon me, read poetry and make me laugh. And when my pump was primed he'd steal away to allow me to create in peace.  Then he'd pop back in at the end of the day to say nice things about my art.   

Sounds like a fantasy doesn't it, but that's what I'd like. Do you think my Muse would agree to the beads and dangly things?

Thank you for peeking in to see what I'm up to.
Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My DPW Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

6 comments:

  1. This "amuses" me! :-) I wish you could have a muse that did that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a wise woman indeed who knows her needs and her wants, but occasionally it helps to hear from a perspective other than her own, and so it is also important to keep in mind something St. Bartholomew said more than two thousand years ago: "Spend time every day listening to what your muse is trying to tell you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have an open ear... for the wisdom of a muse.

      Delete
  3. Charming, refreshing, inspired, unique....tf

    ReplyDelete