Friday, March 16

A Single Rose

"A Single Rose"
12" x 12"
Oil on wrapped canvas

I entered the rose garden late in the day, late in the month of June.  In the humidity, the fragrance draped over petal and bud like a veil.  There she bobbed on her rigid stem, fanning herself with leaves like fans. 


Finally, I made time to paint a larger rose! I sponged on the initial color then brushed on the subtleties with my beloved Rosemary & Co. brushes.  It had been a long time since I've sponged color on a canvas.  The daily paintings are small, and my sponges are larger than many sections that need to be filled.  Now I want to make a big one... like three by three feet!  I love to paint that large.  Whew! But they all look the same size when you see them online... so stop by to see them in real life.

Love to all of you who sent your comments about my dad's death. Thank you so much.
Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My DPW Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment