Tuesday, March 20

Lieutenant River Fence

"Lieutenant River Fence"
6" x 6"
Oil on canvas panel
On the east bank of the Lieutenant River, just south of Florence Griswold's home in Old Lyme, Connecticut was this split rail fence.  It marked some border before the American Impressionist Museum was erected.  It is gone now, but it was a part of my experience on the hallowed ground of where my beloved Impressionist predecessors painted.  


I took this photo in 1997.  It seemed like a "pretty scene." From that moment on I became educated on the historic significance of that yard.  So many of our country's Impressionists gathered there because the light was similar to what they had seen while painting with Monet in France.  A little piece of heaven...


Thank you for wandering into my world today. I love that you come here to look.
Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My DPW Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment