Saturday, October 19

Outskirts of Town

"Outskirts of Town"
3.5" x 5"
Pastel on sanded paper
Just outside of town, before I got home the other night I stopped to take one last look at my surroundings.  There were no cacti, no sagebrush, no sand. When I turned into my driveway I knew what I had experienced had been magical and I wanted more. 

This was a twenty minute little cutie pie I did this afternoon. The inspiration came from a photo I saw in a magazine, so I went with it.  I will have to prepare a lot of small pieces of watercolor paper so that I can enjoy painting like this more often.  It was quite fun.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. You captured the quality of the light perfectly. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Juile! I'm loving this new medium. It expresses how I feel with such ease.

      Delete