Friday, October 18

Somewhere In The West

"Somewhere In The West"
5.5" x 7.5"
Pastel on sanded paper
I was in the West over the weekend and I may have left my heart there.  I saw things that made me feel alive, met people I plan to know better and revived a longing to live at a higher altitude.  

I painted this today, loosely using a reference photo of a Robert Genn painting.  I sanded a piece of watercolor paper, toned it with a red and a blue and sanded those colors into the paper to make a purple undercoat. I painted the light, or halation around the tips of the mountains.  It was a passionate endeavor, taking place on the heels of my extraordinary experiences of the past week. I've been ... blessed.

Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment