Tuesday, March 5

Delish

"Delish"
12" x 16"
Oil on hardboard
Several times a year I get a craving, a specifically-decadent craving to paint chocolates.  Once I discovered the correct colours to squeeze it was merely a matter of finding chocolates to pose for me. I don't eat the stuff, but I do like how it looks. So as subject matter, it can sit here in my studio for weeks without a single nibble. 

I drew this two months ago, but didn't get to the painting part until today... while listening to Schubert, and an entire opera from the Met. 

Carol 

2 comments:

  1. "I don't eat the stuff" makes me giggle. It makes it sound like it is crap or something not worth eating. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I suppose it does read that way. I must admit, I do love chocolate, I just can no longer eat it.

    ReplyDelete