Tuesday, March 12

Heavenly Scented

"Heavenly Scented"
16" x 20"
Oil on wrapped canvas
The fragrance wafting from these small roses was delicious, considering they had traveled some distance to get to me in the dead of winter. They were not fresh when they arrived in my home, but I embraced them and loved them for what they were about to do for me -- strike beautiful poses, cast seductive shadows and smell wonderful every time I buried my nose in their delicate petals.  

No sponges were used in the making of this painting.  I'm learning to use different Rosemary & Company brushes to accomplish the same things I do with a sponge.  It does not mean I've abandoned my darling sponges, I'm just learning new ... tricks.

Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My Gallery  550 paintings!
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment