Wednesday, March 6

Rocks For Tossing

"Rocks For Tossing"
18" x 18"
Oil on canvas panel   
Beach rocks. Rocks for tossing. I photographed these while walking barefooted along a shoreline that  was being lapped enthusiastically by one of the Great Lakes. The smooth mounds were easy to walk on, but more fun to fondle with my fingers. They begged to be handled, and I did.  

I painted this tonight, amazingly quickly, after a brief conversation about tossing rocks. It just felt ... right.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. I like it. I like it a lot. I need to get you an old photo I have of a California tide pool. I think you would have fun with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to paint a tide pool painting. Please do send that image to me.

    ReplyDelete