Monday, March 11

Heavenly Widened Rose

"Heavenly Widened Rose"
12" x 12"
Oil on wrapped canvas
As I worked on this piece, I was listening to my favorite Cowboy Junkies song, a cover version of a ballad by Lou Reed.  It's called "Sweet Jane," and Margo Timmins sings the phrase "Heavenly widened roses seem to whisper to me when you smile..."  It struck me as a fitting title for the painting. She is, don't you think, a widening rose?  

I had fun painting my rocks series, but my heart and soul are in painting roses.  This is one from the bouquet I bought for myself the other day. You'll see more white roses like her in the coming days.

Carol

Dailypainters.com
Dailypaintworks.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

4 comments:

  1. That song by the Cowboy Junkies is so much better then the Lou Reed version. When I hear this song it always brings a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you, that the CJ version is better. But I wish I knew for certain what the lyrics REALLY are. Someone once convinced me that the title of my painting was, indeed, the words being sung. What are your thoughts, kind sir?

      Delete
    2. Sheesh! Now I can't stop humming it. Thanks a ... lot.
      How are you, my dear friend? I've missed you.

      Delete
    3. And why does a tear form? Sad memories?

      Delete