Sunday, March 17

Pear-ily We Roll Along

"Pear-ily We Roll Along"
9" x 12"
Detail
Oil on canvas panel

This is not my usual fare, as still life setups go, but it was what was available today at the Laura Robb workshop at Mainstreet Art Center in Lake Zurich.  I got this far in three hours, including setting up the  pieces. We learned to draw an ellipse, paint metal, and ceramic.  Yesterday was pear day, but mine were less than ... edible.  Tomorrow I'll replace the white bowl with a plate I'll bring from home and add a flower to the lower left.  I'll also TRY to add a Laura Robb-style texture to the background.

Mainstreet puts on one heck of a good workshop, if you've never considered it.  In fact, the art school itself, in its new location, is quite comfortable and professional. Frankie Johnson is to be commended for her ongoing roll as visionary, artist and owner of the school.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net


2 comments:

  1. A lovely painting from a lovely person! So good to reconnect with you at Mainstreet. Congratulations on your success (and work ethic!) with your daily paintings. Looking forward to many many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann. It was a delight to be in the new facility with all the Mainstreet staff and attendees. Thank you, too, for joining me here.

    ReplyDelete