Monday, March 18

Magnolia Study

"Magnolia Study
6" x 8"
Oil on canvas panel
Today's lesson at the workshop had to do with color and painting white flowers.  I opted to do mine with a palette knife and a silk magnolia, no less. Laura Robb uses a knife to get her crisp edges. So I used one to paint this study.  I learned how much I don't know about knife painting and how thankful I am that I've already established a style of my own.  Trying to paint like someone else is difficult. Trying to paint like Carol Keene is hard enough.  

I'm thankful to be moved back into my studio, although it was a wonderful weekend of learning new things and revisiting concepts that are always good to review.  I'd recommend a Mainstreet Art Center workshop to anyone.  Thank you Frankie Johnson for making it possible.

Carol

Dailypaintworks.com
Dailypainters.com
My Gallery
Brushstrokes@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. beautiful flower. I like the looseness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It isn't my usual style, but was very fun to do. I'll probably try more like it.

    ReplyDelete